Thursday 16 July 2009

A strange letter from the past

Hi again!

Last week I was round at my Gran's house and discovered this strange letter while nosing around in the attic looking for some books for Uni (click on the thumbnail below to see a full-size version).

Very bizarre! I wonder what the secret machine is? I’m certainly not clever enough to solve this on my own and wondered if there was anyone out there who could help me?

When I asked my Gran she said that my great, great grandfather (or it is great-great-great) was some high-flying industrialist and it was him that bought her house in the first place. Don’t know what the letter means about a library – there is one in Gran's house but it’s massive and there must be thousands of books – I can’t look in every one!!!

Can anyone help?

Viola

No comments: